Thursday, June 5, 2008

Flower Power!







I love taking pictures of flowers and my favorites are geraniums. The very first one is a close-up of flowers from a tree in Jordan they call a "Crazy Tree". You stick it in the ground, give it water and it grows like crazy. They're very prolific in the parched desert landscape of Israel and Jordan. It's very similar to our Mimosa tree. The 2nd one is a cluster of flowers from a Hoya plant. The flowers look like candy when they blossom and smell divine. The last three are from Israel - from a courtyard in the Citadel -David's tomb and from the Garden Tomb. Someday I'd love to get a macro lens so I can get the super close-up shots!

5 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

I can't wait to see more pics from your trip. #4 needs to be in a frame. Beautiful job!

rowena said...

BEAUTIFUL shots girlie and from my most favorite place in the world, Yisrael! Shalom Aleichem!

C. watkins said...

yeah yeah...you are the first to post flowers cool! Nice shots too. You'll have to give us a little slideshow of your Israel pics soon!

Jeanette said...

Love the colors in that first shot, and how cool to see flowers from Israel! Good job.

Mariann said...

I knew those flowers were not in Riverside! Awesome Pics! Great Job !