Saturday, April 19, 2008

eeew! What is that? I know, let's eat it!








We had a great time the other night with our friends the Mariano's. They moved here from New Orleans a few years back and they're really trying to make Riverside "cajun" one person at a time. We shared in a springtime Louisiana tradition of boiled crawfish, corn and potatoes. I cannot believe how many of the little buggers we all ate! Mary and Elly plates were heaped with the carcasses of many crawfish heads. We had two escapees that tried to make a break for it but Lucy the dog ate them later that night boiled or not- she didn't care... that's one of the reasons why dogs don't rule the world.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Umm...yuck. No way would I eat that. Great pics though!

Dawn Malone said...

Looks like a fun time!

C. watkins said...

oh my....see that is what culture is all about. Grace would totallly eat. she ate bugers at 2 years old..

Greg... constance....bring it on!!!!!




I miss you.

Kathleen said...

Hey Deb,
Great pics! I look forward to seeing more.
By the way, you can have my share of the world's crawfish.

C. watkins said...

by the way...I call all crustaceans (I don't know how to spell that) roaches of the sea. I guess these could fit...even though they don't come from the sea they look the most like roaches. EEEEEWWWW... I'm sorry but there is NO WAY I would eat those. :) But yes, Grace would.